Patients freaking out over high copays and deductibles? Learn how to handle 'em in our March webinar. Register now.
There’s nothing quite like being a physical therapist.
1. Your work dress code includes Dri-FIT.
2. You get to work with seriously amazing co-workers who feel more like family than colleagues. #PTFam
3. You have the ability to work per diem with a flexible schedule.
4. Or become a traveling therapist.
5. Not to mention that your job includes cheering on some of the best patients around...
6. In a profession that supports total body wellness.
7. That said, sometimes, you get a patient who just doesn’t cooperate.
8. And you’ve had to perfect the art of acting like you believe the “yes, I’ve done my HEP” speech.
9. And live with the “you give great massages” compliment.
10. Oh, and let’s not forget that you have to explain to your family what you actually do as a PT.
11. Plus, long days at work leave you feeling like you might need PT yourself.
12. Because even your best pair of Nikes can’t make up for a long week of treating patients.
13. But, just when you think that you can’t take one more late, uncooperative, or flat-out difficult patient,
14. You see a child who has been told she’ll never ambulate, take her first steps.
15. Or, as a result of your care, a police officer is able to go back to work—pain free.
16. You’ve helped a mom get her groove back.
17. And created a comprehensive plan of care so an athlete can get back in the game.
18. You’ve found that all those years spent in school are finally worth it.
19. And you realize that you’re making a difference in the world...
20. Simply by doing what you do best: reducing your patients’ pain and helping them gain or restore functional movement.
There you have it: 20 GIFs that perfectly describe what it’s like to be a PT. If you liked this post, don’t forget to share it on social media and tag WebPT. And in the meantime, keep crushing it, PTs!