WebPT recently added a game-changing feature to our Front Office Suite for scheduling. The appointment reminder service integrates with the WebPT EMR system to automatically look at your physician schedules and notify patients of upcoming appointments via email, phone or text messages.
Imagine the time savings if all of your calls and email were automated vs. having your front office constantly on the phone reminding people of their appointments.
Why bother with appointment reminders?
There are countless case studies on Walgreens, Hilton, Physicians and even Guinness, and McDonalds on how call reminders and SMS text reminders saves thousands of man hours and increases revenue drastically. Provider-specific studies from Johns Hopkins and the University of Rochester show a 30% decrease on patient no-shows. Let’s look at a few other benefits to your clinic:
Benefits of Patient Reminders:
- Reduce patient no-show rate by as much as one third
- Send unique messages based on appointment type
- Supports both email and voice notifications
- Improved arrival times to keep you on schedule
- Automatically update appointment status with call results
- Improved collection processes and revenue stream
- Re-capture lost staff and physician time by automating your client communication
- Better managed patient health
- Elimination of expensive paper-based mailing campaigns
- Secure and compliant patient messaging via the email, LAN and cell phones
- Expanded your clinic hours by scheduling automated messages after-hours and on weekends.
The PT clinic front office staff is already overwhelmed with patient reminders, re-schedules, no shows and phone calls. The Appointment Reminder service can reduce front office workload, while simultaneously increasing the frequency and quality of patient communication. With the recapture of 1 more visit per week, the call reminder service can pay for your entire EMR service with WebPT -- not a bad deal.