Home Exercise Program (HEP)
Therapists everywhere currently print out copies of costly templates to hand their patients as they leave the clinic. With WebPT’s new Home Exercise Program, therapists can send their patients a Home Exercise Program through email, saving time and resources in the clinic. The therapist will have the freedom to update the program as the patient progresses through treatment directly in the WebPT application.
Add HEP to your practice to gain access to thousands of videos, color photos, and line drawings, all with instructions. Studies have shown that video as part of a HEP increases patient compliance.* WebPT has worked to save you even more time by creating peer-reviewed, pre-defined Exercise Profiles. You can also create your own customized profiles and edit instructions!
- Video Home Exercise Programs for physical therapy are proven to increase patient compliance
- Spend more time actually treating your patients instead of re-training on exercises
- On-the-go patients have 24/7 access to exercises
- Therapist-approved home exercise profiles
- Fully customizable home exercise programs and instructions
- Go paperless! Email HEP securely to patients and save money
Busy, on-the-go patients expect access to their exercises at all times. Elevate the level of your clinic’s service by offering patients exercises available at the gym or at home on any web-enabled computer or smartphone.
Skip the paper and ink. Go mobile, paperless and save
- Cut expenses - Save money on paper, ink and printing costs
- Send Home Exercise Program securely through email
- Brand your emails with clinic location and logo
- Go green and paperless. Why mess with more files and print outs?
- Give on-the-go patients have 24/7 access to exercises via email to watch on their home computer or iPad while at the gym
All of the HEP features can be sent directly to your patient’s email inbox (and excludes any patient data making it HIPAA compliant). This functionality saves you time and elevates your practice. Just think how professional your clinic will come across to new or returning patients.
Get the most comprehensive HEP on the market
- Access to thousands of videos, photos, and line drawings
- Load peer-reviewed HEP profiles
- Access HEP directly from a patient flowsheet
- Give patients the choice of Photo or Video instruction
- Easily set up preferences
- Save frequently used exercise templates for future use
- Save time in the clinic typically spent on explanation
See it. Hear it. Do it.
The HEP exercise formats accommodate all possible learning styles:
Visual learners will do best with the drawings/illustrations. Patients with an auditory learning style will respond well to the audio portion of the videos. And last but not least, tactile learners will love matching the physical practice in your clinic to the movements they can watch in the videos.
Research shows: HEP Increases Patient Compliance
Research shows increase in patient compliance and a decrease in errors when providing patient with video based instruction as opposed to static imagery.
1. Reo JA, Mercer VS. Effects of live, videotaped, or written instruction on learning an upper-extremity exercise program. Physical Therapy 2004; 84:622-33, http://ptjournal.apta.org/content/84/7/622.full
2. Roddey et. al. Videotape instruction versus illustrations for influencing quality of performance, motivation, and confidence to perform simple and complex exercises in healthy subjects. Physiotherapy Theory and Practice, Volume 18, Number 2, 1 June 2002 , pp. 65-73(9). view more here