The end of the calendar year is a special time—when new leaves turn over, and people usher out old habits like they’re bad guests who’ve overstayed their welcome. Across the globe, people celebrate by lighting up sparklers, setting off explosions, whipping up a fresh new batch of optimism, and shouting, “New year, new me, baby!”
But it turns out that we aren’t the only ones reinventing ourselves at the end of each year. Healthcare regulations do that too—and in the final weeks of the year, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) releases a final rule that dictates exactly how Medicare Part B regulations will look in the coming year. Sometimes these updates are minor, but other times CMS performs a total program overhaul—and there’s a mixture of both this year.
So, to help you prepare for 2022, compliance expert Rick Gawenda, PT, Founder and President of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, and Heidi Jannenga, PT, DPT, ATC, WebPT Co-Founder and Chief Clinical Officer, will host a webinar detailing everything you need to know to take the upcoming year by storm. Join us Tuesday, December 14 at 9:00 AM PST, as they:
- Demystify the changes to the CQ and CO modifiers;
- Explain the latest CPT code updates and payment changes; and
- Review relevant changes to the MIPS program.
Can’t make the live session? Register anyway to receive the recording and handout.
In the meantime:
- Refresh your knowledge of the 2022 proposed rule.
- Practice applying CQ and CO modifiers using the changes in the 2022 proposed rule.
- Catch up with the latest ICD-10 changes for patients with low-back pain.