Today’s blog post comes from copywriters Charlotte Bohnett and Erica Cohen.
The 2012 Summer Olympic Games kicked off in London this past weekend, and we’re pretty excited about the events. As physical therapists, many of you have treated Olympic athletes (maybe you’re even treating a future Olympian right now). So we want to hear from you: what’s your greatest Olympic moment?
Our very own Brian Kunich, PT, will be watching one of his former patients compete this summer with the US Women's Soccer team. Here’s what he had to say about the experience:
“As therapists, we typically meet athletes during a low point, having sustained an injury. It’s a great feeling to see all of their efforts in the clinic translate into performance on the field as they compete at the highest level. I’ll be rooting for USWNT to bring home their third consecutive Olympic gold medal.”
Our Member, Steve Dischiavi, MPT, ATC, MTC, CSCS, has also treated Olympians and the Florida Panthers hockey team. Pretty impressive, eh?
While we here in our marketing lair at WebPT won’t be doing any office olympics, we’ll definitely be watching the games closely. Here’s what we’re looking forward to:
- Charlotte (copywriter): I absolutely love the opening ceremonies. In terms of events, I enjoy men and women’s swimming as well as gymnastics and soccer. Oh, and trampolining—quite the sport.
- Erica (copywriter): I was about to answer with figure skating, but apparently I’m already past London and onto Sochi. For Summer, it’s got to be gymnastics—women’s floor and balance beam.
- Jenny (marketing and events specialist): I'm looking forward to both the men and women's tennis and gymnastics events. It will be exciting to see how Andy Murray does. I'm definitely rooting for him.
- Lindsay (marketing and sales specialist): Men and women’s soccer; although, I’ll be cheering more for the women as their US team actually qualified.
- Ed (graphic designer): Soccer and swimming.
- Ryan (senior graphic designer): This would be so much easier for Winter sports—biathlon (skiing + shooting + awesomeness). But for summer, it’s anything that goes down in the Thunderdome (aka the velodrome).
- Mike (digital and product marketing specialist): During the Summer olympics, I only watch track and field. Oh, and swimming—but only to watch Michael Phelps win.
- Andy (SEO specialist): Field hockey. Do I need to say more?
- Bennett (intern): Basketball, because I love basketball.
How are you and your clinic getting pumped up for the Olympics? What events are you excited about?