- More focus on patient care. Less time spent with double-entry of findings and less room for error and confusion that is inevitable in hand-written notes. Simple and consistent SOAP note formatting gives you uniform documentation throughout your clinic.
- More professional image. Physicians have already started using EMR systems and come to expect the same from other medical professionals.
- Reduce supply costs. Average cost of paper charts can be anywhere from $3 to $6 in raw materials per new patient. That may not sound like much, but if your practice sees 50 new patients per month, using paper charts can reduce your annual gross income by $3500.
- Streamline scheduling. Accessing your schedule from anywhere allows for better communication between front office and back office. Why wait to find out if you can squeeze in a marketing physician visit on Wednesday, when you could view it right from your iPhone? Don’t be chained to the office to see your schedule or any of your employees’ schedules at anytime.
- Anywhere access to patient information. Spend less time in the office digging through paper charts. As soon as you have documented on a patient, the information is available for your staff to view regardless of where you are. Billing is expedited and chart access is all in one place- right on your computer.
- Faster return on Investment. No more messy storage areas or valuable real estate taken up by large file cabinets. Save on paper costs, copy toner, fax machine maintenance, all while improving productivity and reimbursement per patient.
- See more patients. More streamlined and structured interoffice processes helps everyone focus on their roles in the practice. We like to say that when WebPT allows you to see 1 more patient in a day, you have already paid for your EMR system for the month.
- Up-to-date biling codes. With RAC audits and the importance of Medicare compliance, WebPT takes the stress out of audit visits from outside agencies. With built-in alerts, CCI edits, and other compliance safeguards, EMRs help to eliminate errors and improve therapists’ documentation compliance.
- More accurate billing. Send billing claims the first time with cleaner claims resulting in faster claim reimbursement. With an EMR, you are able to streamline and automate clinical and financial processes all into one system.
- Data protection in case of disaster. Protected Health Information and HIPAA compliance are of the utmost importance. Housing paper charts in unlocked cabinets or maintaining your own server in the “secure storage closet” is no way to be compliant. A true web-based EMR maintains your documentation and patient information in servers housed in a secure environment and releases you of the burden and liability.
downloadJul 14, 2017
To see results from our most recent industry survey, check out the 2019 State of Rehab Therapy Report. Health care is not a static industry. It’s always changing, evolving, and progressing. No healthcare provider is immune to the effects of that change, but some—including physical, occupational, and speech therapists—have felt a greater impact than others. In an effort to assess the scope of that impact—and thus, better anticipate the future needs of the rehab therapy community—WebPT conducted …
articleJul 17, 2017 | 16 min. read
WebPT recently conducted an industry survey of thousands of rehab therapy professionals across a wide variety of settings, specialties, and geographic regions. Our goal: To capture an accurate snapshot of the demographics, trends, frustrations, and motivations that shape our businesses, our future outlook, and our potential for success in this environment of change. In last week’s webinar , WebPT President and Co-Founder Dr. Heidi Jannenga, PT, DPT, ATC/L, and WebPT CEO Nancy Ham shared the results of …
webinarJun 5, 2017
WebPT recently conducted an industry survey of thousands of rehab therapy professionals across a wide variety of settings, specialties, and geographic regions. Our goal: To capture an accurate snapshot of the demographics, trends, frustrations, and motivations that shape our businesses, our future outlook, and our potential for success in this environment of change. In our July webinar, WebPT president and co-founder Dr. Heidi Jannenga, PT, DPT, ATC/L, and WebPT CEO Nancy Ham will share and analyze the …
articleJul 15, 2016 | 7 min. read
You’ve most likely heard the news: PTOS is going out of business. That means that in a few short months, PTOS customers will be left without a physical therapy practice management and billing software solution, so they’ve got to find new systems—stat . After all, no one wants to lose all of their valuable patient and business data—nor do they want to wait until the last minute to find a replacement. Shopping for a PTOS alternative, partnering with …
webinarFeb 28, 2014
Want to see the leading rehab therapy-specific EMR live and in action? Here’s your chance. In this month’s webinar, hosts Heidi Jannenga, PT, and Marketing Director Mike Manheimer will give you an introductory tour of WebPT, including who we are as a company as well as our documentation solution, built-in compliance features, and business tools. Plus, you’ll have a chance to ask all your burning EMR questions at the end of the presentation.
articleJun 22, 2018 | 6 min. read
A positive patient experience is essential for instilling confidence and security in your patients—and for sustaining a healthy practice. When patients feel rushed, dismissed, or expendable, they’ll often drop out prematurely —and possibly seek care from a different PT (or move on to a whole other discipline). With that in mind, here are some of the common ways you’re subtly sabotaging the patient experience that you work so hard to create in your practice: 1. Providing a …
webinarJun 1, 2018
Falling reimbursements. Skyrocketing insurance premiums and copays. Crippling student loan debt. As a PT, OT, or SLP, sometimes it feels like it’s you against the world. After all, the challenges you face on a daily basis are many and complex. But, you’re not alone. In fact, we recently surveyed nearly 7,000 rehab therapy professionals on everything from payment rates and clinic budgets to education costs and salary, and we found some pretty strong—and surprising—trends. [video://fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/eh5khgt1r6] Curious …
articleMar 31, 2011 | 4 min. read
The job of capturing all of the documentation you need for Medicare reimbursements can get complicated. It just takes one mistake in documentation or making an incomplete submission and you can be denied payment, which costs time and impacts the bottom line of your physical therapy practice significantly. This aspect of PT practice management is so crucial that many owners of physical therapy practices have trouble finding smart and efficient people who can do it right every …
articleOct 11, 2012 | 4 min. read
Today’s blog post comes from copywriters Charlotte Bohnett and Erica Cohen. Earlier this week we tackled four reasons your practice should ditch paper documentation and go digital with Electronic Medical Records (EMR). At this point, you've either already made the switch or you’ve probably at least made up your mind to go digital soon. No matter what stage you’re in, we all know that EMR is an investment, and you might be wondering how to get the …