Speech-language pathologists, speech therapists, and audiologists help people better connect with their friends, family, and peers every single day. Verbal communication is one of the main building blocks of human relationships, and it’s something most of us take for granted. So, if an SLP has touched your life in some way this year, now’s the time to show them how much you appreciate it. But, finding a thoughtful, personal gift for a speech therapist can be a time-consuming endeavor. And who wants to spend hours scrolling through endless pages of “SLP shirt” results when they could be snacking on cookies and eggnog?
Luckily, we’ve already done the necessary work for you. Below, you’ll find a list of our favorite SLP gifts, organized by category. Consider these gift ideas for speech therapists our gift to you. Cheers!
Baubles and Bling
Is the SLP on your list an accessory aficionado? If so, then this is definitely the section for you. Any of these shiny doodads would be the perfect complement to any ensemble—formal or casual.
- Bangle bracelets are fun and funky, so if those words describe the SLP in your life, then they’ll love this charming option.
- Not that SLPs need any help in the inspiration department, but this message-focused necklace would make a fantastic wearable keepsake.
- Okay, so you can’t actually give the gift of time, but this decked-out watch will help any busy SLP stay on schedule in style.
- Lots of SLPs have to wear the same boring ID card to work every day, but this bejeweled badge holder will add some sparkle to their daily ensembles.
- While this customizable speech therapist ornament isn’t meant to be worn by your favorite SLP, it can certainly help accentuate a holiday tree.
Flair You Can Wear
While SLPs specialize in the spoken word, the written messages scrawled on these items of clothing have significant meaning to this special group of people. Plus, some of them are downright hilarious—and who doesn’t love a jolly good laugh this time of year?
- Know an SLP with a funny bone? This comical cartoon shirt is sure to elicit a chuckle or two. (You can also find it as a crew neck sweatshirt and as a baby onesie here.)
- Help your favorite SLP share their love of speech therapy with the world by wearing this colorful (yet tasteful) t-shirt.
- Ahoy, matey! Whether your humor-loving SLP prefers land or sea, this pirate-themed shirt is a great gift option.
- If your favorite SLP just had a baby, consider sending this speech-therapy themed baby bodysuit or this bib (or this one).
- Most SLPs could write pronunciation keys in their sleep, and this t-shirt takes that unique skill and turns it into a clever way for speech therapists to show everyone just how much they love their profession. To browse a whole page of smile-worthy speech-themed tees, check out this page (seriously, there are so many good SLP gifts here).
- This SLP-themed shirt from 3E Love is one of our all-time faves, and with good reason. And be sure to to check out the inspirational story behind the brand.
- As this custom applique tee suggests, that annoyingly catchy Bonnie Raitt tune could totally be the theme song for speech-language pathology.
- Have an SLP in your life who loves the TV show, Friends? Then this Speech Squad shirt with the tagline, “I’ll be there for you,” might just be perfect. How you doin’?
The Art of Therapy
Creating a speech therapy program is a lot like creating art: It requires great passion, vision, and patience. These pieces embody the fusion of the visual and auditory senses, making them well-suited additions to any SLP clinic, office, or waiting room.
- Bright, light, and cheerful, this quartet of SLP-specific framed artwork is sure to perk up any SLP room or office.
- Give your favorite SLP a poster that’s as dynamic as their personality with this awareness-inspired sound wave, wall art.
- This delightfully colorful metal placard serves as an invitation (and reminder) for your favorite speech therapist’s clients of the importance of strength, kindness, and love for oneself and others.
- Don’t know your SLP’s favorite color? No worries. As another sound-wave-inspired piece, this particular artist’s rendition incorporates the whole rainbow.
- Throw a gallery frame around this anatomy art, and you’ll have a conversation (pun intended) piece that any SLP will appreciate.
- Help your favorite SLP add a little personalized style at home or the office with these decorative nameplates.
Fun and Functional
Many people write off practical gifts as a holiday no-no, but we know we’re not the only ones who would rather receive any of the items below in place of the ubiquitous holiday fruitcake.
- It might not be feasible to give your SLP a beach vacation, but you can definitely give them this groovy beach towel.
- Decorative pillows get a bad rap, but this cute cube o’ cush would add a nice touch to any SLP’s home or office.
- If you know an SLP who appreciates a little snark in the morning, this clever coffee mug might be just the gift you’re looking for. If your SLP is more of a hot cocoa person, check out this chocolate-themed cup. Or, if your therapist is always on the go, take a peek at this thoughtful travel tumbler!
- This adorable tote bag would make a great gift on its own, but if you really want to spread some holiday cheer to your favorite SLP, you could fill it with these personalized cookies.
- Know an SLP who appreciates a nice, cold after-work beverage? Then, they might like this vintage-logoed pint glass.
- This speech therapy-themed wall clock would look fabulous in any clinic—or classroom. After all, isn’t it always time for speech somewhere?
- Gift this sweet tote bag is perfect for the SLP in your life who is no longer practicing but hasn’t lost one bit of love for the profession.
- If your favorite speech therapist has a sweet tooth, then consider sending some adorable SLP-themed cookies on a stick. Who doesn’t love chocolate and sprinkles?
- We wouldn’t want to leave out your SLP’s significant other—we know they’re important, too. So, here’s a “My ♡ Belongs to a Speech Therapist” decal that’s perfect for that other half.
- Half the fun of owning a reusable water bottle is that you can customize it to your liking! These dishwasher-safe SLP sticker bundles are perfect for the environmentally conscious, decor-loving SLPs in your life. They can also be used to liven up a journal, laptop, or phone.
- Have a speech therapy teacher in your life? Consider gifting this picture book (which is loosely based on the classic story, “There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly”) titled, “There Was a Speech Teacher Who Swallowed Some Dice.”
Words of Appreciation
Sometimes, the best gifts are the ones written from the heart.
- Looking to express your appreciation in writing this year? Check out these thank you greeting cards, sure to give your SLP all the feels.
There you go: our top speech-language pathologist gift ideas for 2021. Now that you can check one more person off of your shopping list, you’ll have more time to start addressing all those family holiday cards. And, speaking of checking people off your list, if you have an occupational therapist or physical therapist you still need to shop for, we have gift ideas for them as well.
Have a gift suggestion that isn’t included here? Leave a comment below to share it with the world.