‘Tis the season for giving—and showing your favorite humans a little appreciation. But finding the perfect holiday gift for everyone on your list can be a major challenge. Sure, online shopping simplifies the whole gift-hunting process, but one Google search can also send you tumbling through pages upon pages of possible purchases. Before you know it, the Internet has stolen another hour—or more—of your life, your peppermint latte caffeine buzz is wearing off, and your virtual shopping cart is still empty. So, for all you gifters out there who are looking for a thoughtful way to say “happy holidays” to your favorite physical therapist, we’ve taken care of the tumbling for you, and put together a list of our favorite gift ideas for physical therapists, organized by category. (We’ve even included a few perfect gifts for physical therapy students.) Happy holidays!
Baubles and Bling
Know a PT who can’t get enough sparkle and shine? Then one of these therapy-themed accessories might just be the golden—or silver or pearl or rhinestone—ticket. (You might even decide to go for more than one—what does Coco Chanel know, anyway?)
- This colorful sparkly necklace and personalized card serve as a literal token of appreciation with a personal touch.
- Shopping for a new grad? This handmade silver-plated DPT necklace will be a treasured keepsake for many years to come.
- Charm jewelry can make for a pretty charming gift: Items like this necklace and this bangle bracelet provide the perfect combo of wearability and sentimentality.
- Lots of PTs have to wear the same name badge every day, but that doesn’t mean they can’t dress it up a bit. Here’s a fun retractable badge holder reel, you PT ninja, you.
Flair You Can Wear
PTs help people get back to doing the things they love; and this sweet therapy swag will help therapists show how much they love doing what they do.
- This t-shirt from 3E Love is one of our favorites—and for good reason. Visit 3E Love’s website to check out the inspirational story behind the brand.
- Shopping for a PT with a funny bone? Give a drum roll for this foam-roller tee. We’re also digging this tee for the fun-loving PT—or this one for PTs with a dark sense of humor.
- PTs have to do a lot of wranglin’ in the clinic, but if you know a therapist who also enjoys a day at the rodeo, give him or her something that’ll look great with blue jeans and cowboy boots (no bull-riding required).
- Physical therapists have a special affinity for musculoskeletal diagrams—and with this shirt, they won’t even have to reach for that Netter’s anatomy atlas.
- Ah, neckties—a classic holiday gift for dads everywhere. And if the dad on your gift list happens to be a PT, he might enjoy this tie in particular—or maybe this one or this one.
- Keep your favorite PT or PTA warm this holiday season with a sleek customizable (and totally cozy) pullover—or this hoodie if they prefer to keep their noggin covered.
The Art of Therapy
There’s nothing like a well-placed print or poster to make a clinic feel warm and inviting. Throw a frame around one of these awesome pieces of art, and you’ll have a gift that your PT—and everyone else in the office—can enjoy for many patient visits to come.
- Vintage prints make great conversation pieces, and this image from Etsy is no exception.
- Make your favorite PT the star of his or her own comic with a personalized cartoon drawing.
- And what PT wouldn’t want his or her very own street sign, which—of course—would be for the aptly named Physical Therapist Dr.? Now, every patient will know where to find the best therapist in all the land.
- Speaking of funnies, check out this punny holiday card. It may not be a masterpiece, but it is frameable—or at least refrigerator-magnetable.
- This chalkboard-style art puts a fresh spin on an old classroom staple. Like what you see? Check out another option (with a similar aesthetic) on Etsy.
- Feeling sculptural? Send a customizable kiln-fired clay figurine of a PT treating a patient—it’ll look great on a desk, in the front office, or even in a dorm room. Or, you could opt for a more abstract copper version from this seller.
- Help your favorite PT cheer up the office with word art that describes PTs as creative investigators who transform lives. How sweet!
- While not PT-specific, this motivational wall decal could be perfect for a clinic. It could also be exactly what a patient needs to see to continue on with his or her treatment.
Fun and Functional
Whoever said practical gifts were faux pax obviously never got a Roomba—or any of the super useful items listed below—as a holiday gift.
- This travel mug (or this one) is the perfect present for PTs who enjoy a nice, hot cup o’ java almost as much as they enjoy prescribing calf-raises.
- Speaking of morning coffee—here’s a cup (and here’s another one—or two) for a PT with a good sense of humor. And here’s one for a therapist who’s a total caffeine addict.
- If your therapist likes to unwind with the occasional glass of vino, this engraved glass could be good for a chuckle with every sip.
- With WebPT, there’s no need to haul around any paperwork, but this customizable tote would be great for the gym—or, for the PT who’s lucky enough to get a little R&R, for the pool or the beach!
- Whether you’re in the pro- or anti-decorative pillow camp, you can’t deny that this little bundle of fluff would be a great PT clinic waiting room addition.
- This anatomy-themed iPhone case could help your favorite PT keep his or her phone safe—and promote PT to the world. You can also choose this one (which is personalized). Just be sure to pick a case for the right phone model!
- This customizable, PT-themed stainless steel water bottle will ensure any PT stays healthy and hydrated. So will this “humerus” aluminum water bottle (see what we did there?).
- Want to help your PT add some pizzazz to the water bottles and laptops in their life? Give them a sticker or two—or three!
- If your favorite physical therapist loves to read, consider gifting a book or two on a topic you already know will be a hit: PT.
- No one wants water stains, right? Give your PT friend a set of anatomy-themed coasters to protect his or her fancy furniture.
- This one is more decorative than functional, but it certainly is fun: here’s a physical therapist ornament sure to delight any PT in need of holiday tree decor.
Words of Appreciation
Sometimes, the very best gifts are the ones written from the heart.
- There’s a lot to be said for a well-written thank-you card; so, if you’d rather put your appreciation in writing this year, consider penning a PT-themed greeting card (or this one).
There you have it: our list of the best gifts for physical therapists in 2021. Now that you’ve got so many fantastic options, all that’s left to do is pour yourself some eggnog and pull out your credit card (not necessarily in that order). And if you’re looking for a similarly suitable gift for any OTs or SLPs in your life, feel free to check out this post or this post, respectively.
Got a gift suggestion that isn’t included here? Leave a comment below and share it with the world.