Jason L. Kelsey, PT, DPT, MTC
Assistant Vice President Outpatient Rehab and Sports Medicine, WellStar Health System-WCO
Date: Saturday, September 29, 2018
Time: 3:10 to 4:10 PM
Instruction level: Intermediate
Every healthcare provider claims he or she can produce positive results for patients, but how can you prove it—to patients, payers, and peers in other disciplines? By collecting—and sharing—outcomes data.
This course will discuss the value of collecting objective outcomes data and applying it for meaningful use in three areas:
- Profession: Better your individual clinical practice by leveraging outcomes.
- Business: Create a mentorship network among your team and clinics to enhance quality of care.
- Community: Share the information you collect with consumers and healthcare partners in your community.
- Identify the process of breaking outcomes data into component parts for application and examination.
- Apply a practical method of determining how data components interrelate to one another through the analysis process.
- Describe the practical method of data synthesis—including the use of select software tools for simple information comprehension.
- Identify individual clinical outcomes and compare among peer groups to foster best practice sharing and professional growth.
- Explain consumer and healthcare partner marketing methods that promote growth.
- Explain the correlation of outcomes and treatment utilization in outpatient rehabilitation.