WebPT Blog - webinar
Dec 6, 2012| by Charlotte Bohnett
On Thursday, we presented an educational PQRS webinar, and it turned out to be one of our most heavily attended webinars in WebPT history. Missed it or want a refresher? Watch the PQRS webinar in its entirety below.
Sep 27, 2012| by Charlotte Bohnett
Today's blog post comes from copywriters Charlotte Bohnett and Erica Cohen.
On Tuesday, WebPT hosted a webinar on how to market the PT profession—and why it’s so important. Together Co-founder Heidi Jannenga and Marketing Manager Mike Manheimer tackled topics far beyond business cards and email marketing. They dove into ways you can influence how your patients, the public, and fellow medical professionals perceive the PT industry. Here are some of their marketing action items:
- Increase referrals through relationship marketing
- Flex your media buying muscle
- Discover and market your physical therapy niche
- Compete in today’s therapy realm
- Be one of the users
- Handle good and bad press with composure
- Promote more than your services
- Become a thought leader
Did you see the webinar? If so, what did you think? If you missed it, no worries. You can watch the whole shebang below.
Aug 28, 2012| by Charlotte Bohnett
Today's post comes from copywriters Erica Cohen and Charlotte Bohnett.
Last week WebPT hosted its most heavily attended webinar ever. Why so popular? Perhaps it was the brow-furrowing topic of compliance, or maybe it was our special guest—physical therapist and compliance expert Rick Gawenda of Gawenda Seminars. Together, Rick, moderator Mike Manheimer, and WebPT co-founder Heidi Jannenga, PT, set out to tackle compliance, making it entertaining, informative, and most importantly, understandable. Here’s a brief snapshot of what they discussed:
- What is compliance? How does it relate to Medicare and medical billing? And why should you care?
- What is the 2012 Therapy Cap?
- Modifiers and How to Use Them
- Manual Medical Review
- How does documenting with an EMR help you stay compliant?
- What is PQRS? How can you ensure compliance with outcome measures? What are the reporting methods?
Want the full kit and compliance kaboodle? Watch the webinar in its entirety below:CMS, compliance, emr, gawenda seminars, manual medical review, medical billing, medicare, modifiers, outcome measures, physical therapy, PQRS, PT best practices, rick gawenda, therapy cap, webinar
Aug 13, 2012| by Rick Gawenda
The Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2012 (HR3630) impacted physical therapists in private practice in terms of the Medicare therapy cap. First and foremost, HR3630 extended the therapy cap exception process through the 2012 calendar year. Secondly, it requires that the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) apply the therapy cap limitations to hospital outpatient departments no later than October 1, 2012. The therapy cap for hospital outpatient departments concludes at the end of 2012 unless Congress passes additional legislation extending it into 2013.
So how does this affect the private practitioner? Currently, any outpatient therapy a Medicare beneficiary receives in a hospital outpatient therapy department between January 1 and September 30, 2012, does not count towards the $1,880 physical therapy and speech-language pathology cap. However, beginning on October 1, 2012, any therapy a Medicare beneficiary receives in a hospital outpatient department will now count toward the cap. Additionally, any outpatient therapy the Medicare beneficiary received in a hospital outpatient department from January 1 to September 30, 2012, will be applied retroactively to the $1,880 therapy cap limitations beginning on October 1, 2012.
May 24, 2011| by Mike Mannheimer
Session one of our May webinar is complete. I appreciate everyone who attended the webinar today. I would also like to thank my co-host, Jake Nero for presenting all the new features in WebPT that will enable clinics to communicate in a simple, secure manner. Here is a quick overview of the Webinar Topics including questions that were asked during our session.
Feature Roll this weekend (May 27th) – On Monday you will see the new features.
- WebPT Idea Portal – This is the beginning of the WebPT democracy. Send suggestions directly to a forum where members and staff can evaluate what’s best and what’s not.
- WebPT Internal Messaging – Send notes to any of your staff members. No more running around the clinic trying to ask people questions. internal messaging = Increased Productivity.
- Faxing and Emailing – Free as always
- Appointment Reminders – Many members are still unaware of this feature. Go here for more info or just watch the video below. If you want to decrease no shows by 30% give us a call.
[swf file="http://www.youtube.com/v/SqTQ5R7BT6g?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&hd=1" height="340" width="480" action="swftools_swf_display_direct"]
- Referral Program – Some members aren't aware of this great option. Simply refer a clinic and get one month free of WebPT! Some members have been on a referral program mission and have not paid for service in months. Nicely done my friends.
Keep in mind, Webinar session #2 is on Thursday if you would like to join. We will be posting a recorded version next week. If you have questions on any of the covered topics email us at email@example.com.