A/R Medical Billing Specialist
Responsibilities: The A/R Representative will be responsible for day-to-day tasks associated with A/R medical billing claims, including:
- Identify and resolve customer and patient billing issues.
- Review accounts regularly for insurance or patient follow up.
- Review accounts for possible assignment and also prepare information for the collection agency
- Perform various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers, etc.
- Review patient bills for accuracy and completeness and obtain any missing information
- Follow up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe
- Check each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract discount
- Call insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments if necessary
- Identify and bill secondary or tertiary insurances
- Maintain strict confidentiality; adhering to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
Qualifications: Ideally, the A/R Representative will possess the following key skills:
- Recent hands on medical billing experience.
- 5+ years' experience in various billing / front office roles with expanding responsibilities and career progression
- At least 2 years of A/R experience within a medical billing environment
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines especially Medicare and Medicaid
- Past experience processing billing for Physical Therapy clinics (highly preferred)
- Experience with a variety of medical billing software technologies
- Prior customer support experience highly preferred
- Personable and easy going
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to a broad variety of stakeholders
- Impeccable professional reputation with high degree of energy, integrity, and positive spirit
- Experience supporting small to mid-sized practices